HEALS Executive Director, Connie Carnes, has announced her plans for retirement. She has been the agency’s director for 8 years, and expresses deep appreciation to all of the friends who have so generously supported HEALS.
The HEALS Board will conduct a search to find a new director.
Connie will remain at HEALS in a mentoring role during the selection process and for a transitional period following the selection.
Job Announcement: Executive Director (Position Filled)
Summary of Position:
The Executive Director (ED) is the key management leader for HEALS, Inc., and is responsible for consistent achievement of the organization’s mission. The ED derives his/her authority from, and is directly responsible to, the Board of Directors, for the efficient and orderly administration of the agency.
The best candidate for this position will have a health care management background paired with fundraising and public relations experience.
Functional areas of responsibility include:
- Direction and management of health care practices
- Fundraising/public relations/community outreach
- Strategic planning
- Development and support of staff and board
- Financial management
- Human resource management
- Facilities development/management
- Advanced degree in Health Care Management
- Complimentary areas of study include organizational development, non-profit management and business management
- 5 years in health care management experience or 5 years of comparable management experience
- Experience in executing the overall mission of an organization
- Ability to set and achieve long-range objectives, and manage a budget
- Experience in development of operational strategies
- Proven ability to coach staff and to develop teams
- Commitment to quality programs and program evaluation
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Maturity in handling challenging sets of circumstances
- Passionate and idealistic toward the mission
- Ability to work in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Self-directed, entrepreneurial and action-oriented mind set
Resumes will be accepted until February 10, 2017.