The Clinic Coordinator (CC) provides administrative support to medical care providers, and provides social services for the clinic population. The CC supports physicians, nurse practitioners and registered nurses. The CC works with families to establish and maintain public insurance coverage and collaborates with school faculty, community resources and other HEALS staff in referring the student and family to appropriate services as needs arise. The CC is responsible for maintaining updated information on student demographics, well-child physicals and other patient data in Electronic Health Records.
This team member works 32 hours per week, 10 months per year. The hours are M-TH 7:30-3:30, F 7:30-11:30; and the months are August through May.
Preferred Skill Set
- Five years experience in office work
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in the social services field
- Objective judgement and discretion, and effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with external partners and site school support staff
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel
- Valid Alabama driver’s license for occasional transportation of patients in HEALS’ van
To join the HEALS team, please submit your resume and/or direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org