Staff Retreat 2016
Jennifer Linton is the Chief Financial Officer and has worked for HEALS since 2011. She is originally from Huntsville, but spent over ten years becoming a local in Charleston, SC, Asheville & Greensboro, NC and Phoenix, AZ before returning to Huntsville in 2010. She looks forward to traveling or even living overseas, but until then she settles with trips to beaches, mountains, and other cities whenever possible.
Jennifer, and her wife, have a new baby boy that they love spending time with and watching grow and learn. They love to volunteer with animals which quickly increased their pet family to three small but fantastic dogs; Zoë, Bella, and Duff. On the weekends you can find her searching for great finds at estate sales or looking for the best vegetarian options at local restaurants. She enjoys spending time with friends and loved ones, but also appreciates quiet time spent reading, watching movies or creating in her craft room. Jennifer is enjoying being back in her hometown and looks forward to cheering on her Alma mater, Huntsville High at sporting and theatre events.
Gail Linton is the Driver for HEALS, and has worked here since 2012. She greatly enjoys driving the Dental vehicle to and from our site schools and the dental clinic! Gail grew up in a military family, and they were stationed here in 1955. Other than coming and going a few years since then, Gail has made Huntsville her home because it is a good place to live, with many friends and her daughter nearby.
She one day plans on spending time up in a hot-air balloon, but until that day she enjoys sitting on her back screened porch enjoying the weather and reading a book. Not far away is her rescue dog, Buddy, a perfect Pek-A-Pom mix who definitely picked out her and her husband at the shelter! Gail’s take on life is to always be a true friend and to save a little money with every paycheck for the future.
- Dr. Hall is a pediatric dentist serving as the Volunteer Dental Director for HEALS. He originally became interested in volunteering with HEALS in 2000, when the dental clinic was started by his friend and colleague, Dr. George Painter, who served as the first dental director. Upon Dr. Painter’s retirement in 2004, Dr. Hall assumed the Volunteer Dental Director position and he continues to serve on the Board of Directors and work at the clinic.Dr. Hall attended college in 1958 at Hendrix College in Conway, Arkansas, recieving a BA in Natural Science. He then moved to Memphis and attended the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry, receiving a Doctor of Dental Surgery and Master of Science degree in Pediatric Dentistry.Dr. Hall moved to Huntsville and opened his practice of pediatric dentistry in 1964. In 1972, he was joined in practice by his friend and graduate school classmate, Dr. Richard R Cannon. In 1992, they changed the practice name to Alabama Pediatric Dental Associates (APDA) and as more dentists were added they were both able to retire in 2006.Dr. Hall and his wife, Martha, now reside in Hampton Cove and are the proud parents of their grown children, Kevin, Karen and Jennifer, as well as their grandchildren, Parker, Anna Reid, Cortney, Lindsey and Jacob. They continue to enjoy gatherings at Guntersville, Lakeland, and Destin, Florida numerous times throughout the year.
- Dr. Harvell graduated from David Lipscomb University in 1976 with a B.S. in Biological Science. He then graduated from Alabama Dental School in 1980. Dr. Harvell served in the Dental Service as an U.S.A.F Captain from 1980-84 and then began a private practice that he continues today. He is a member of the Mayfair Church of Christ Dental Mission Team which, since 1985, has traveled to Jamaica, Belize and Honduras. Dr. Harvell’s hobbies include sailing and the Civitan Civic Club. He has been working with HEALS Dental since it opened and you can see him there every other Friday.
- For four years, Lesley Cooper has been the Dental Clinic Coordinator at Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary HEALS clinic, but she has been involved in child care services for 18 years! She is a long time resident of Madison County along with her husband and three children. Lesley enjoys spending time with her family, whether watching movies or playing outside by the water. She loves doing things with her kids that help them grow and smile. Her house is so full of love and prayer that they’ve extended their family with three dogs, two cats, two rabbits, one pig, 25 chickens and seven fish! When she isn’t entertaining HEALS dental patients and co-workers, Lesley enjoys teaching Bible class. She looks forward to traveling somewhere exotic one day!
- Patricia Phillips has worked as a HEALS Dental Hygienist for five years, but has over ten years experience as a dentist in Colombia. Originally from Colombia, Patricia moved to Huntsville over ten years ago after she married her husband. She graduated with honors from the Dental Hygienist program at Wallace State Community College, but dentistry isn’t the only thing Patricia knows! She is passionate about learning healthy habits with food choices and cooking that help improve the quality of life. In her free time, Patricia enjoys sewing or meeting friends. On the weekend, outdoor activities like swimming or hiking is a must with her family. She has one daughter and they enjoy dancing and having lunch together. In the future, Patricia dreams about traveling the world and learning different cultures. She would also like to learn photography and maybe one day have a pet dog.
- Ruth Hunt is a Dental Hygienist at the HEALS Dental clinic at Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary. She has worked in the dental field for over ten years, and is a dentist in Mexico. Ruth grew up in Mexico and married an engineer that brought her to Huntsville where she attended Wallace State Community College with a 4.0 GPA! She has one beautiful daughter and loves spending time with her no matter what they are doing. She enjoys an active weekend full of sports and bicycling, but is glad to relax in front of a good show with family at the end of the day. Ruth considers her two pet birds as part of her family. She has one pionus parrot and one cockatiel, which are both full of personality! In the future, she would like to rescue birds in her spare time.
- Traci Dunavant is a Dental Assistant at our HEALS Dental clinic at Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary. Part of the HEALS family for almost three years, Traci came with ten years of experience in oral surgery and one in dental. She is originally from Sand Mountain (Ider), AL and now calls Madison home with her husband and children. She enjoys to read, watch movies and hike in her free time. Besides assisting the perfection of little smiles, Traci stays busy spending time with her family and supporting her two sons in baseball and drums!
- Kathy Henderson joined HEALS in February 2015. She is the part time Dental Clinic Coordinator at our HEALS clinic at Martin Luther King Jr. Elementary. Kathy has an extensive background in administrative and non-profit work, as well as fundraising. Originally from Greenville, SC, she and her husband and their little one, Tilly (Bichon/Shih Tzu mix) came to Huntsville in August of 2014 from Bel Air, Maryland where her husband worked for four years. Shortly after moving here, they expanded their family by adopting Lana (Terrier mix) who has been a wonderful addition to their family. Kathy enjoys spending time with her husband and dogs, whether its walking the many green-ways in Huntsville, hiking or just cuddled in front of a favorite TV show, counted cross stitch, reading, travel, and spending as much time as possible with family and friends.
- Chesity joined HEALS in January 2016! This is her first position in the dental field and we are happy to have her with us to grow in skills and experience. Chesity is from Huntsville and considers it home. She has one daughter and they love to spend the weekend baking and watching movies. Chesity’s bucket list includes zip-ling and creating a million dollar idea!
- Dr. McDuffee works for HEALS at both Morris and University Place Elementary school clinics. Having grown up in Montgomery, AL, she attended medical school at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, graduating in 1990. Choosing a career in pediatric medicine, she traveled to Nashville, TN to complete first, a general pediatric residency in 1992, followed by a fellowship in pediatric critical care medicine in 1996 at Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital. She moved to Huntsville, AL in the summer of 1997 to begin work as the first pediatric intensivist at Huntsville Hospital. In July 2012, after more than 20 years of hospital-based medicine, Dr. McDuffee began work in outpatient clinic medicine at HEALS. She and her husband of 25 years, Pat, have one daugher, Megan. She enjoys gardening, boating and a very high handicap in golf.
- Dr. Patz grew up in Huntsville where he graduated from Huntsville High in 1981. From there he attended Birmingham-Southern College where he met his wife. Upon graduation from ‘Southern, he began his medical training at the University of South Alabama. Four years later, he moved his with his family to Little Rock, AR, where he completed his residency in pediatrics at Arkansas Children’s Hospital. He returned to Huntsville in 2002 and has been practicing at Huntsville Pediatric Associates ever since. He is married and has five children, three daughters and twin sons. Dr. Patz enjoys home improvement projects, most any outdoor endeavor, and helping out at the Village Church, where he serves as a deacon. During the past seven years he has volunteered with the HEALS clinic and New HopeChildren’s Clinic.
- Dr. Pitchford grew up in Huntsville and graduated from Huntsville High in 1995. She attended Medical School at Vanderbilt and completed her residency in Pediatrics at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt in 2007. She has worked as a board-certified Pediatrician in Nashville, TN, Albuquerque, NM, and Bethesda, MD. She moved back home to Huntsville in 2013, and has been caring for children and teenagers at the HEALS clinics since 2014. Dr. Pitchford is married and has three daughters. She enjoys spending time with her family, baking, and hiking.
- Annette Potter has been with HEALS for seven years of her twelve years as a nurse practitioner. She was an ICU and Women’s Health RN at Huntsville Hospital for eight years, before working in endocrinology and urgent care as a NP. Her motivation lies in each of her patients. Her goal is to provide patient centered care. She enjoys nature, traveling, and sports, and her family loves their dogs and cats.
- Cathy Nall has been in Nursing for sixteen years, over five of them spent here at HEALS. She was born in Germany, but stayed in Huntsville once her father retired from the military. Cathy enjoys reading and spending time with her family and friends. With three children, Cathy loves to listen and talk with them.
She also enjoys teaching Sunday School! In fact, Cathy has taught Sunday School, Vacation Bible School and Children’s church for over fifteen years! On a daily basis, she tries to read the bible and pray.
In the future, she dreams of taking a painting class in Nashville, TN and writing down the entire bible. Until then, Cathy spoils her dog, CoCo while trying to keep her off of her quilting projects!
- Rachel is our newest nurse and you will find her at the Morris Clinic. She grew up in North Alabama and has worked as a Pediatric Primary Care nurse for three years. She happily volunteers by leading worship at her church and serving the homeless at Manna House, Inside Out Ministries, and the Salvation Army. When she isn’t volunteering, Rachel spends her free time with her kids and husband. One day she plans on taking a cooking class to up her culinary skills.
- Brigitte came on as Lead Clinic Coordinator in February 2015 after following her mom to Huntsville from Indianapolis, Indiana where she was born and raised. Her background is in medical assisting, but she is ready to tackle this administrative role at HEALS!To get her through the transition, she will rely on her daily enjoyments of coffee and cat cuddles, while spending time with her daughter watching scary movies. Brigitte’s three fears are tornadoes (uh oh!), bees, and sharks, along with flying…which stands in the way of her bucket list desire of visiting Paris. Until she accomplishes that dream, she will stay home relaxing, hanging out with her family and four cats.